Friday, February 10, 2012

{I’m getting there}


So I decide to try and drag in business by doing a “cutie pie” contest for my area. The last one I tried {last year} was a complete failure because no one entered but two people and it got me nowhere. However, this time it’s already going a little better. I’ve learned that if I offer better prizes it helps. Last time I offered a small mini session with no extras and that is mostly why it went nowhere. This time I offered much more and advertised it like crazy. And although I have only 6 entries it’s an on-going contest and it’s getting people to see me & my work on Facebook and that is bringing in business. The kids are adorable and the families are tagging my page all over the place! Even though I may never photograph many of the people that will be added to my page I feel that it’s still great for business because it gets my work seen! It’s a great tool for spreading your business and getting noticed. I feel like I’m getting somewhere with this whole thing and that I’m not just staying at one pace anymore. Every morning when I wake up I have at least 5-10 more fans and though that may seem like a small number, for me its DAILY progress.

I feel that is the only way to get your photography out there is to bring in new daily fans. For every new fan you get just think about all the people that you are being seen by on their page. That is huge and you never know when it might bring your business, business. This contest has brought me new local fans as well and that means more chances to make profits and capture memories and that excites me. And maybe the next one will be bigger and the next after that even bigger! But I won’t stop and I’ll only keep trying to do better and that means I’m getting somewhere.

So the contest is still running and so far it’s going great! I don’t have tons of entries but that’s not what its all about. To me once this is over and these families see what great photos I bring in for their babies, they will likely want me to photograph them again in the near future and that mean great business. So we will see just how it ends and what can I learn from it all! 
Thanks for stopping by! Please check out the Cutie Pie Contest and vote for your favorite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment